Sabado, Mayo 21, 2011

PIRATES and MERMAIDS

   I love Johnny Depp!
 
   No matter how ugly he is on roles he played I still find him adorable. I rarely watch movies in theater because I often take advantage of the "cheaper-version-that-can-be-watched-at-home-with-an-option-to-pause-and-rewind" but I think I have seen a lot of his movies. Majority of the movies I have seen in big screen, are his. To name a few: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Secret Windows, Finding Neverland, Public Enemies, Sweeney Todd, Alice in Wonderland, and of Course Pirates of the Caribbean.

 I just watch the last installment of "Pirates..." a few hours ago and I find it so entertaining. Apart from Depp's funny antics I liked his chemistry with Penelope Cruz. I have a few favorite scene and I have chuckled aloud more than ten times the whole movie. The director has captured my attention from beginning to end. The comical aspect has been its selling point because the sword fights and other fight scenes were emphasized sparingly. I was relieved that Johnny didn't have to share screen time with Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley a few fresh faces were really useful making it seem a whole new movie and not a rehash of the previous ones.
 
I didn't understand some parts at first but it was all made clear. I was lost at the last part when Capt. Jack Sparrow needs to give the correct chalice to the person who needs it more. I will have to give it a rating of 8/10 because I couldn't understand Penelope and some other people but as a whole people who watched will not say, What a waste.




TRIVIA
"Johnny Depp bought new water proof jackets for 500 crew members on the set to protect them for the cold weather. He spent a total of $64,200 from his own pocket." >>>imdb


I wonder how long it will take for SM to recuperate on their investment to have 3D movie theaters. I noticed that the ticket of 250pesos was auto charged with additional 50pesos for the popcorn and hotdogs

My favorite parts were the ff: when jack nibbled on a woman's ear(ring), mermaid attack, the love story of the clergy and Syrena, and the coconut tree with father and son bonding.



The part that registered to me was when the mermaids were jumping over the boat because I watched a similar video of fishes flying over a boat just recently. Check it out 









NOTE 
   We did have some minor problems at home, but after watching Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides  I totally forgot how annoyed I was that my Mom and Aunt won't let my cousin go with us (it was her first time to watch in a movie theater and she was so excited to watch because she has seen all the other sequels.) I just wished we didn't watch it in 3D because it wasn't necessary. It was just the same in some scenes. If the 3D glasses were not worn in some of the scenes it will be clearer and brighter. 

I still don't think that 300pesos is not necessary for just a movie. but who am I to complain if it is for free? 



Video Source:

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento